Hermann Gmeiner School is one of the Best CBSE School in Faridabad, situated in beautiful lush green environs in Sector 29, Faridabad with an expanse of 8 acres of pollution free land. The school campus is unique and designed by German Architect. The school has an extraordinary structure with well-planned class rooms and play grounds. Since its foundation in 1986, the school has grown from strength creating a niche for itself as a premier educational institution. A play way method of interaction initiates children into the wonderful New World of Education. Their enthusiasm, creativity and expression are given free space and environment.
The HGS school is committed to all round development of the child. It aims to create balanced and disciplined personalities to meet the challenges of life. The conductive environment provides stability, security and motivation for the child’s development. These all special features prove HGS Faridabad one of the Best CBSE school in Faridabad.
It has classes from Nursery to XII (Medical, Non-medical, Commerce and Humanities) The School caters to the educational needs of 1014 students with 194 no. of students from economically weaker section of the nearby society.
The foundation stone of SOS children’s villages of India was laid by late Smt. Indira Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India. HGS Faridabad is a co-educational English Medium school, run and managed by the SOS children’s villages of India through HGS committees and is affiliated to CBSE Delhi. It prepares students for the secondary and senior secondary examination conducted by CBSE Delhi. The campus is located near the district police lines and is about one kilometer from the Mathura Road National Highway. The school has been producing excellent results at the CBSE Board Examinations and grooming young citizens to contribute to the growth and development of our nation. Co-curricular activities are equally emphasized upon in the scheme of programmes.
Hermann Gmeiner School was primarily established to cater to the needs of SOS Children’s Village of India. With its rapid growth and rising popularity and in view of the pressing need of the community, it threw open its gates to the community children. Today, only 20% of the total school strength consists of children from SOS Children’s Villages whereas 80% are from general category.
National integrity and fraternal feelings are fostered and strengthened in a free and secular environment. The seriousness and intent of purpose is nurtured and provided in generous doses for the realization of physical and intellectual potential and to enrich them further for optimum use.
The students are developed into self-confident individuals with an adventurous and scientific temperament. An unflinching faith in God and undying patriotic feelings for the nation are systematically ingrained in every student. The bottom line is to provide every ingredient to develop a complete, educated human being.
SOS Hermann Gmeiner School is a Best CBSE School in Faridabad. The teacher to student ratio is 1:20. The school building is a master piece of architectural splendor with spacious, octagonal classrooms and modern amenities have been provided for conducive teaching learning process. The class rooms are designed and located in such a manner that each classroom is independent and free from disturbance from other classrooms.
Computer Lab:A Computer Centre stocked with scores of latest computers are the envy of many institutions. Computers are taught as a part of regular teaching in school.
Laboratories:Well-equipped ultra-modern laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Math, and Psychology and work experience have been provided for experimentation and advancement of knowledge.
Digital Library:School has a rich digital library with all latest versions of books along with latest support materials for board classes like latest sample papers Q bank and assignments to practice.
Robotics Lab:Well-equipped lab for providing students good exposure for advanced knowledge.
Gym:Students are trained to be fit and healthy regularly.
Hallmarks of Hgs as one of The Best CBSE School in faridabad
- Awarded with the most Socially Active School in the year 2018 by NSA
- Awarded with Teaching Excellence Award by International School Awards, Dubai in 2018
- International Footprints with an exposure of different cultures
- Exposure to English Speaking through BBC Live Classes.
- Meri Awaaz; an online platform for enhancing speaking skills
- Bond between teachers and alumni is infinite
- Fit India certified
- FB Live for umpteenth activities; Sanskrit speaking classes, dance & music
- Experiential learning through art-integrated activities
- Samvad between Principal and students, teachers & parents
- Nominal fee structure
Activities to enhance latent talent of students:
- Annual Inter HGS Art Competition
- Annual Inter HGS Science Exhibition
- Annual Inter HGS Literary Competition
Workshops for Enhancing knowledge
- Students have participated in live webinar conducted by I Can Care organization on the subject of 'Tobacco Free Society'.
- Children have taken Participation in webinar conducted with Olympic and Arjuna Awardee Mr. Sanjeev Rajput, who inspired our students and guided them for their career.
- School is conducting regular career guidance sessions for senior students to prepare them for future prospects on different subjects by different subject experts.
- To develop interest for coding, an Online workshop session was conducted which was organised in collaboration with Eupheus Learning to guide the students which may lead to improvement in the learning process.
- Teachers have attended several webinars on New Education Policy and Subject Enrichment Programs.
Social Impact Group works for the welfare of community:
WOMEN ADULT LITERACYStudents and teachers work in tandem to literate adult women of nearby society to make them capable of leading a better life. This also enhances students Confidence to work for humanity.
Child welfareSocial impact team works persistently to provide a better environment for children of weaker section.
AWARENESS IN COMMUNITY NEAR BYThis year up to July we conducted two on line session on social issues, one on FIGHT WITH COVID 19 and other on WOMEN EMPOWERMENT with adult literacy group, we also motivated students to make WINTER a CHARITY MONTH by making DOG BED OUT OF OLD SWEATERS.
Child safeguarding MechanismComplying with all Govt. Norms and students Safety and Security e.g. Implementation of School Disaster Management plan as per guideline of Disaster Management Department. Conducted sessions, Activities relating to Gender sensitivity and Anti Bullying.
There are many more peculiarities of HGS which make it on the top list of the Best CBSE school in Faridabad.